Brogden's 14 strikeouts not enough for Saints
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 17, 2014 1:48 PM
DUDLEY -- Haley Brogden's 14 strikeouts on the mound weren't enough to silence New Bern on Wednesday afternoon. The Bears scored four seventh-inning runs and handed Southern Wayne an 8-4 loss in Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference play.
Brogden allowed five earned runs.
Kelsey Hayes paced the Saints' offense with three hits, including a double. Brogden added two hits, and Morgan Best, Haley Warren and Whitney Houston all added a hit.
Southern Wayne (6-10 overall, 2-6 ECC) is the guest of J.H. Rose on April 29.
Other Local Sports
- Trojan softball sweeps archrival Barton
- Pitt County Classic: Area teams face solid competition
- DHC defeats Eastern Wayne in ECC 3A/4A action
- Blue Devils blank Cougars in ECC 2A baseball
- Rebels drop two county foes
- Wayne Christian stays unbeaten in CCC 1A play
- Hall paces WCDS past Ridgecroft
- North Lenoir shuts out Kinston in baseball
- Hampton's 16 strikeouts not enough for Golden Falcons
- One big inning sparks Princeton