Cougar golfers compete in Palmetto meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 21, 2014 1:48 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Goldsboro High shot a final-round team score of 437 during the 17th annual Palmetto High School Golf Championships that concluded on the Jones Course at Sea Trail Golf Plantation.
The Cougars placed 19th in first flight competition. Matt Hall led the charge with an 84, while Luke McAlduff carded a 97. Cameron Anderson and Ruben Quiroz also participated.
McAlduff logged the team's lone birdie on the final day.
The Palmetto is a 54-hole, college-style event that allows high school teams to test themselves against opponents from across the nation. Teams played a qualifying round on Thursday, and were flighted -- according to score -- for the final 36 holes of competition.
Other Local Sports
- Trojan women advance in CC lacrosse tournament
- Pitt County Classic: Saints claim 10-inning thriller after loss to SW Edgecombe
- Pitt County Classic: Warriors rally past So. Alamance, dump N. Pitt
- CBA slips past Panthers on softball diamond
- Hawley has 4 goals in Princeton victory
- Pitt County Classic: Day 3 box scores
- Carolina 1A leader Princeton shuts out James Kenan
- Pitt County Classic: CBA defeats Riverside, Powhatan (Va.)
- Wayne Christian stays unbeaten in league play
- Pitt County Classic: North Lenoir slips past New Bern