Pitt County Classic: Warriors win slugfest
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 22, 2014 1:48 PM
Eastern Wayne claimed a wild, 14-12 victory over North Stafford (Va.) on the historic Guy Smith Stadium diamond. Ryan Faucette earned just his second mound win of the spring.
The Warriors (8-11 overall) tasted victory for just second the time in their last six outings.
"A slugfest ... won't pretty, but we found a way to win," said EW head coach Jabo Fulghum, whose team picked up its second road win of the season. "It was just a long day at the park."
Eastern Wayne played North Pitt and Southern Alamance in today's early games on the North Pitt diamond.
Other Local Sports
- Trojan women advance in CC lacrosse tournament
- Pitt County Classic: Saints claim 10-inning thriller after loss to SW Edgecombe
- Pitt County Classic: Warriors rally past So. Alamance, dump N. Pitt
- CBA slips past Panthers on softball diamond
- Hawley has 4 goals in Princeton victory
- Pitt County Classic: Day 3 box scores
- Carolina 1A leader Princeton shuts out James Kenan
- Pitt County Classic: CBA defeats Riverside, Powhatan (Va.)
- Wayne Christian stays unbeaten in league play
- Pitt County Classic: North Lenoir slips past New Bern