ECBL: Wayne Christian, Bethel settle for 3-3 tie
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 24, 2014 1:48 PM
KINSTON -- Wayne Christian nearly eeked out a win over Bethel on Monday evening but darkness fell and the Eastern Carolina Baseball League game ended tied 3-3 after eight innings.
The umpires called the game after the Eagles had scored a single run in the top of the ninth. The score reverted back to the previous inning.
Bethel knotted the game at 3-3 in the bottom of the seventh.
Wayne Christian scored all three runs in the fourth inning despite getting just two hits in the game.
Austin Howell and Jaxon Anderson had the hits for the Eagles. Mitch Turnage and Ted Suggs each drove in a run.
Holden Foster threw 126 pitches in a seven-inning effort. He surrendered six hits, three runs (two earned), walked two and struck out 10 Bethel batters.
Wayne Christian plays host to Spring Creek today.
Other Local Sports
- Simmons headed to the Orient
- Post 11 rallies twice, defeats Area I East nemesis
- Wayne County Post 11-Kinston Post 43 box
- ECBL: Wayne Christian turns back Spring Creek
- ECBL: C.B. Aycock White edges Bethel
- ECBL: C.B. Aycock Blue shuts out Wilson Christian
- ECBL: Johnson throws complete game for Warriors
- ECBL: E. Wayne-So. Wayne box
- Albemarle Post 74 folds, causes stir in Area I East
- Wayne County Post 11-Duplin Sampson Post 127 box