ECBL: Wayne Christian turns back Spring Creek
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 25, 2014 1:48 PM
Wayne Christian scored six runs in the third inning and went on to beat Spring Creek 7-5 on Tuesday evening.
Mitch Turnage had two hits, including a triple and three RBI for the Eagles. Ted Suggs also turned in a two-hit performance and Hunter Burt had a double.
Austin Howell and Tanner Rose combined for six strikeouts on the mound. Rose threw three innings of no-hit relief.
Levi Miller led Spring Creek with two hits and three RBI. Casey Whitfield added and RBI on a base hit.
Sawyer Smith endured the loss on the mound, going six innings allowing six earned runs and striking out three.
Spring Creek fell to 7-9 overall.
A day earlier, the Gators dropped a 10-7 game to North Lenoir Green.
Will Rouse had three hits. Landon Smothers drove in two runs and Casey Whitfield, Kaden Geelen and Josh Lebron each drove in a run.
Rouse got the loss on the mound in a six-inning effort. He allowed 12 hits and 10 runs (six earned), walked three and struck out three.
Spring Creek plays host to CBA White on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Locals show their team spirit during USA-Germany match in World Cup
- Area I East Division standings
- ECBL: CBA White shuts out Spring Creek
- ECBL: CBA Blue-Rosewood box
- ECBL: CBA Blue's Casey tosses 4-hit gem
- ECBL: CBA Blue trips up So. Wayne Red
- Area I East Senior Legion standings
- Simmons headed to the Orient
- Post 11 rallies twice, defeats Area I East nemesis
- Wayne County Post 11-Kinston Post 43 box