BOYS' TRACK: Holt breaks his own school record in shot put
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 17, 2017 9:57 AM
WINTERVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock senior Trevor Holt set another school record in the shot put, while teammates Kamarion Graham and Deshawn Owens each won two individual events during an Eastern Carolina 3-A/4-A Conference meet contested at South Central.
Holt won the shot put with a mark of 52 feet, 9 inches. He finished second in the discus.
Graham emerged victorious in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. Owens claimed the one- and two-mile runs.
Micah Castillo placed second in the 110-meter hurdles. Tahj Thack placed fourth in the 100. Muhammad Brooks and Isaiah Melvin secured third and fourth, respectively, in the 200.
Jarius Hinnant and Tavarius Sanders wound up third and fifth, respectively, in the high jump. Elijah Bryant claimed fifth place overall in both the discus and shot put.
The Golden Falcons' relays finished runners-up in the 4x1 and 4x8, third in the 4x4 and fourth in the 4x2.
Other Local Sports
- UMO -- Weekend digest
- SOFTBALL -- So. Wayne @ C.B. Aycock
- DIGEST -- Weekend
- BOX -- So. Wayne SB @ C.B. Aycock
- BOX -- So. Wayne @ C.B. Aycock
- BOX -- S. Creek @ Hobbton
- BOX -- New Bern @ E. Wayne
- BASEBALL -- So. Wayne @ C.B. Aycock
- BASEBALL -- NB @ E. Wayne
- BASEBALL: Gators heartily feast on Cougars' offerings