Gordon William Roberts, 71, of Ocean Isle Beach, NC passed away on Saturday, February 25, 2023 following a brief battle with cancer. He was born in Bergen County, N.J. on August 6, 1951 to the late Robert J. and LaVerne (Walsh) Roberts, and is survived by his daughter Lindsay Roberts Jolivette of Los Angeles, Calif., his sister Susan Roberts of Charlotte, N.C. and her daughters Emma of Munich, Germany and Selby of Charlotte, brothers Robert J. Roberts Jr. of Boone and Ocean Isle Beach and Michael J. and Mary Lou Roberts of Colorado Springs, Colo. and their daughters Brooke of Colorado Springs and Emily of Chicago, IL. Gordon, or “Goob” as he was affectionately known, was an avid surfer and sailor, a passionate singer and song writer, and a boat and custom surfboard builder. He was a remarkable, true individual whom many people called the most charming and entertaining person they had ever met. He was smart, witty, self-educated, and an extremely talented artist, as well as being a gifted athlete, excelling at skiing, surfing, and ice hockey. Many knew Goob as a staple of the local surf communities in Ocean Isle Beach and Wrightsville Beach, but more importantly he was a great and enduring friend to all who knew him. Those wishing to pay their respects were invited to a memorial Paddle Out on May 13th in front of the family home at 474 E. Third St., OIB, 28469.
- Christmas quilt to be raffled at Winterfest 2022
- ‘American Pickers’ returning to North Carolina
- Lea Island Motus Tower contributing to global bird tracking network
- Brunswick Town Chapter NSDAR and Friends of Fort Caswell Rifle Range honor veterans
- 2022 Midterm Election results are in
- Halloween events across Brunswick County this week
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in South Carolina
- Holden Beach BOC picks former NC Court of Appeals judge to fill vacant seat
- Sunset Beach moves into phase two of island parking study
- Sunset Beach terminates potential US Cellular lease agreement
- West Brunswick High School student hit by vehicle in front of school
- Plans for Leland baseball stadium, team shared with public
- Welcome Home West celebration set for April 1
- Julie Ann Patterson, Calabash
- Local nonprofit chosen to join regional cohort
- Take 5 Car Wash opens in Southport
- Gordon William Roberts, Ocean Isle Beach
- Holden Beach pier concept plan approved
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.