Kathleen Ellen “Kate” Hourigan, 83, of Carolina Shores, N.C. passed away at her home on Sunday, February 26, 2023. Born in Syracuse, NY on June 30, 1939, she was a daughter of the late Francis and Catherine Sullivan Kline. In addition to her parents, Kate was preceded in death by a daughter, Christine McJury and a sister, Patricia Ames. Kate was a retired Registered Nurse who applied her skills as a Trauma nurse and in the Intensive Care Hospital settings. Kate was also a teacher at heart, sharing her knowledge as a clinical instructor for the Cayuga Community College of Nursing. After retiring from health care and teaching, she and her husband relocated to N.C. so she could enjoy the beach and her husband could golf. She loved people and did not know a stranger; she made everyone feel welcome and included. Kate loved holiday celebrations, birthday parties, cook outs, and luncheons with the Red-Hat Society. Survivors include her loving husband of 62 years, Paul Hourigan; a son, Patrick Hourigan (Barbara) of Suwanee, Ga.; five daughters, Regina McCartney of Cincinnati, OH, Kileen Hourigan of Syracuse, N.Y., Bridgette Andrews (Wally) of Driftwood, TX, Jennifer Nolan of Redmond, Ore., Shannon Hourigan of Shallotte, N.C.; 14 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. To honor her wishes, a private family memorial service will be held.Online condolences are encouraged and may be sent to the family at: www.fulwoodfuneralservice.com.
- Christmas quilt to be raffled at Winterfest 2022
- ‘American Pickers’ returning to North Carolina
- Lea Island Motus Tower contributing to global bird tracking network
- Brunswick Town Chapter NSDAR and Friends of Fort Caswell Rifle Range honor veterans
- 2022 Midterm Election results are in
- Halloween events across Brunswick County this week
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in South Carolina
- Holden Beach BOC picks former NC Court of Appeals judge to fill vacant seat
- Sunset Beach moves into phase two of island parking study
- Sunset Beach terminates potential US Cellular lease agreement
- West Brunswick High School student hit by vehicle in front of school
- Julie Ann Patterson, Calabash
- Plans for Leland baseball stadium, team shared with public
- Welcome Home West celebration set for April 1
- Holden Beach pier concept plan approved
- Local nonprofit chosen to join regional cohort
- Take 5 Car Wash opens in Southport
- Gordon William Roberts, Ocean Isle Beach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.