Kathleen (Oravetz) Toeppner, Age 75, of Calabash, N.C. She passed away peacefully on Tuesday, December 27, 2022 at home. Kathleen was born on April 26, 1947 in Braddock, Pa. She lived in the Pittsburgh area for 57 years. Kathleen graduated from Norwin High School, Indiana University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pittsburgh with a Master’s Degree in Education. She taught Spanish for eight years in the Franklin Regional School District in Murrysville, Pa. Before she took up golf, Kathy liked to play cards, tennis, softball and volleyball. In 1973, she married the love of her life, Robert Toeppner. They lived for 23 years in Bethel Park, Pa. where they raised their son, Daniel, in their house on Surrey Woods Road. Kathy participated in the Welcome Wagon organization. She loved walking her Shetland Sheepdog in South Park. After Bob’s retirement in 2004, they relocated to a golf community, Brunswick Plantation, in Calabash, N.C. Kathy loved to golf. For 18 years she was a member of the Brunswick Plantation Ladies Golf Association where she helped organize many events. She also loved reading and doing jigsaw puzzles. Kathy was preceded in death by her parents, Robert and Jean Oravetz. Surviving close relatives include her husband Bob; brother Roger Oravetz; son Daniel, daughter-in-law Heather Dodson Toeppner; and two grandchildren, Noah and Lola. A Memorial Service was held at Brunswick Funeral Service in Shallotte with a luncheon following the service at the Brunswick Golf Club Champions Grill on Saturday, January 7th , 2023.
To plant a tree in memory of Calabash Kathleen Oravetz Toeppner as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Christmas quilt to be raffled at Winterfest 2022
- ‘American Pickers’ returning to North Carolina
- Lea Island Motus Tower contributing to global bird tracking network
- Brunswick Town Chapter NSDAR and Friends of Fort Caswell Rifle Range honor veterans
- 2022 Midterm Election results are in
- Halloween events across Brunswick County this week
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in South Carolina
- Holden Beach BOC picks former NC Court of Appeals judge to fill vacant seat
- Shane Handy hired as West Brunswick’s next football coach
- Sunset Beach moves forward with two projects
- Town of Sunset Beach adopts conditional zoning
- Best of Brunswick Survey opens Jan. 4
- Lanes to close on U.S. 17 Business for bridge repair
- Karla Squier: A pistol of a woman
- Board of Education members hear out issues concerning schools
- OIB commissioners discuss feeding animals, taxes
- Helen Ann Galloway, Varnamtown
- Dr. Bennie Flint King, Oak Island
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.