Russell Hawthorne Mavis II of Supply, N.C. passed away on Wednesday, May 25th at the age of 82. Russ received Bachelor of Science in Business Degree from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. He worked many years for True Temper Corporation and Allegheny International as Vice President of Labor Relations. He then started RH Mavis, Inc. in 1986 as a Labor Relations Consultant. He was a member of the US Army serving mostly in the reserves. He was also a member of the Holden Beach Chapel. While he was dedicated to his professional career, his church and was a proud veteran; his greatest moments were devoted to his love of Jeanne and his family, Russ was an avid golfer and loved all sports, most notably following the Cleveland Indians. Russ shared his sports passion by taking great pride in coaching his sons’ youth baseball teams in the early years, taking the family to sporting events, and providing the kids and grandkids with their first set of golf clubs. Russ was not only highly organized in business, but the personal aspects of life. He and Jeanne loved spending time together while keeping an immaculate lawn and beautiful home. He is survived by his beloved wife of sixty years, Jeanne Wyman Mavis; three children; Russell Mavis, III (Stephanie) of Bay Village, Ohio, Alan Mavis, (Kristen) of Denver, Colo., Todd Mavis of Toledo, Ohio; grandchildren; Nina Mavis, Evan Mavis, Lily Mavis, Danny Mavis, Julia Mavis. Russ was predeceased by two sisters, Dorothy Bischoff and Shirley Johnson. A celebration of life is being planned and will be announced at a later date. Russ will be inurned at the Holden Beach Chapel Columbarium. Memorials may be made in his name to Holden Beach Chapel, 107 Rothschild Street, Holden Beach, N.C., 28462 or the charity of the one’s choice. Online condolences are encouraged and may be sent to the family at www.fulwoodfuneralservice.com
To plant a tree in memory of Supply Russell Hawthorne Mavis, II as a living tribute, please visit Tribute Store.
- Hunting season for mourning and white-winged doves opens Sept. 3
- Brunswick County Health Services schedules pop-up vaccination clinics
- Shallotte Elks donate to Brunswick Christian Recovery Center
- Meet local candidates at Mulberry Park
- Price scanning errors found in 32 counties
- H2GO employees top 4,000 days of safety
- Shallotte Elks donate to veterans
- McDonald’s scholarships awarded to local students
- Brunswick County residents speak out about new planned development
- Bash at the Beach team matchups made to bring fans to two-night football jamboree
- West Brunswick doubles down in second year of football jamboree, hosts two night “Bash at the Beach” on Aug. 12 and 13.
- Sunset Beach Planning Board approves final townhome plat
- Brunswick County heroin and fentanyl dealer sentenced to 25 years after conviction in federal jury trial
- Brunswick County woman shocked after $146,052 second-chance win
- Brunswick County real estate market holding strong
- Many consumers do not practice safe leftover storage
- Longwood native reaches new heights
- Bridgette Ashley Todd, Supply
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.