Tilden Elliott (Red) Holloway, 76 of Holden Beach, N.C., passed away at his daughter’s home in Lewisburg, W.V. On September 18, 2022, surrounded by family. Born July 3, 1944, in Lakeland, Florida, Red grew up in Hildebran, N.C. He served in the Army Special Forces during the Vietnam War, completing one tour. In 1969, he married Susan White of Hickory, N.C. Their daughter, Ashley, was born in 1970, with Amber following in 1972. In 1973, Red relocated his family to Alaska, where he worked as an industrial mechanic helping to construct the Alaskan Pipeline. The family remained in the state until the late 1990s, settling in the Salcha region near Fairbanks. Red was a loving son, husband, father, and friend. He never met a stranger, would give you whatever he had if you needed it and was known for bringing home random folks he met on the road for holiday meals. If you were ever in need of help, he would be there to lend a hand whether he knew you or not. He was an amazing storyteller, an avid fisherman and outdoorsman, and has had more lives than your average herd of cats. He was preceded in death by his parents, Tilden and Frances, and brother Leonard. He is survived by his wife of 53 years, Susan, Daughter Ashley Fritzius (Eric), daughter Amber Holloway, grand-daughter Catherine and Great-granddaughter, Evelyn Rose, step-daughter Caroline Wilcox (Ray), Kasey Soles, Kaley Reynolds (Jeremy) and Kolby Clark, brother Frank Holloway (Beverly Joan), of Hildebran, N.C., with many nieces, nephews and their families. He was particularly proud of his new namesake Elliott Davis Holloway. Red donated his body for use in the anatomy department of the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, where his daughter Ashley trained to become a physician. There will be no memorial service, as per Red’s wishes, but his family in planning one hell of a party. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Wounded Warrior’s Project.
- 2022 Midterm Election results are in
- Halloween events across Brunswick County this week
- Hurricane Ian makes landfall in South Carolina
- Holden Beach BOC picks former NC Court of Appeals judge to fill vacant seat
- News from BCC
- UScellular Community Connections provides support for academic and athletic organizations
- Brunswick County Sheriff's Office Reports
- New size, creel and season limits adopted for inland fishing waters
- PROACTIVE Real Estate hits another milestone
- Brunswick County's first comic book shop opens
- Our water: The PFAS problem part five
- Carolina Shores relinquishes ETJ
- A tale of 70 years of loving and learning
- LeFevre Bikes rolls into Calabash
- Carolina Shores strikes down Calabash collaboration for playground equipment
- Christmas Shopping Expo this Saturday at Calabash VFW Post 7288
- Calabash Christmas Tree Lighting & Parade Dec. 2
- US Cellular set to build cell tower in Sunset Beach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.