Details for HELP WANTED Newspaper Distribution Center: Monday - Thursday 4:30 am
Newspaper Distribution Center: Monday - Thursday 4:30 am until 10:30 am, Friday 4:30 am until 9:30 am and 11:30 am until 3:00 pm and Sat/Sun 11:00 pm until 4:00 am. Hours may vary based on distribution needs. Full-time with benefits.
Good verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of OSHA regulations and proven ability to be a self-started a plus. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 35 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time:
This is an entry level position that requires driving on occasion regular pick-up trucks and a box truck. Under the direction of the Circulation Manager (CM), performs the manual labor aspects of distribution center operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Participates in all the daily operations at the Distribution Center
* Assists in opening Distribution Center
* May deliver open routes (while maintaining established service levels) and/or show routes to new Delivery Service Providers
* May deliver replacement copies at the customer's request
* Maintains safety and cleanliness of work area, interior and exterior of building, as well as retrieval of storage carts.
* All other warehouse and housekeeping work as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned by Circulation Manager or Publisher
Action Oriented, Listening, Functional/Technical Skills, Customer Focus, Perseverance, Integrity and Trust, Patience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical and Functional
* Competence in the use and maintenance of material handling equipment (Newspaper racks)
* Ability to use the internet
* Ability to communicate information professionally and effectively, so that it is understood to customers, peers, and Delivery Service Providers.
* Ability to learn layout of geographical areas serviced by News-Argus
* Must have valid driver's license in state of residence
Required Physical Abilities:
* Ability to routinely lift heavy items
* Ability to unload bundles of newspapers (30 - 50 lbs. each) multiple times on a daily basis
* Ability to perform open routes, perform visuals in the field and associated other work in the territory.
* Ability to move around the facility, both inside and outside
* Ability to meet deadlines and attendance standards
* Ability to work weekends and early morning hours
* Ability to work in warehouse type environment
* Ability to function at night in adverse conditions
* Ability to work within safety guidelines
Experience, Education and Certifications Required:
* No previous experience required
* Requires high school diploma or equivalent
WORK FOR the News-Argus, START SOMETHING BIG...
Send resume to: News-Argus
Attn: Janice Sasser
310 N. Berkeley Blvd.
Goldsboro NC 27534
or stop by News-Argus with your resume.