Song of the South: Assimilation and Secession in Today’s Country and Bluegrass Music event, presented by the Carolina Public Humanities and the Foundation of Wayne Community College, will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 20 in Walnut 101 at Wayne Community College. It will look at present-day bluegrass and country to consider how those styles balance assimilation with the constant tension to separate themselves as distinct genres and traditions. There will be some great music and personalities. Free. Information: 919-739-7022.
Save With Us:
Coupons in our Sunday, January 20th edition are worth more than $170!
- Homeless forced out of a tent city
- Obituaries for Feb. 14, 2019
- Obituaries for Feb. 12, 2019
- Goldsboro woman facing incest, statutory rape charges
- Obituaries for Feb. 13, 2019
- Obituaries for Feb. 17, 2019
- Options for ousted homeless limited for now
- Gone but never forgotten, Brogden Middle School remembers coach Wright
- Obituaries for Feb. 15, 2019
- Keeping the tradition alive
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.