The WATCH mobile van will be at these locations this week: Monday at St. Mark’s Church on Ash Street; Tuesday at Realo Drugs on New Hope Road; Wednesday at House of Fordham on William Street; and Thursday at Compare Supermarket on U.S. 117. Call 919-222-4450 for appointments.
• Early session of art camp for rising first graders through 12-years-old will be 9 a.m. to noon June 3 through 6 at the Arts Council of Wayne County, with instructor Kristine Wright. The theme will be “Seaside Textiles and Texture.” There will be fired arts sculpting and textile weaving. Campers will make a handwoven pouch to collect their seaside treasures in and explore the textures of the sea by sculpting creatures found in the ocean. Cost is $125. Information: 919-736-3300.
• Nerd Night Presents: Game Night for all ages will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Goldsboro Library. There will be a variety of tabletop games, card games and other activities. Free. Information: 919-735-1824.
• Play Day for ages birth through 5 with a parent or caregiver will take place from 11 a.m. to noon at Steele Memorial Library in Mount Olive. It will be a morning of unstructured, creative play. Free. Information: 919-299-8105.
• Walk with a Librarian event will be held from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Fairview Park. Take good walking shoes and water. Free. Information: 919-735-1824.
• Goldsboro Golden K Kiwanis Club will meet at 10 a.m. at Herman Park Center. Speaker will be member Andy Anderson and his brother, Calvin, both retired colonels, who will talk about their flying missions in Vietnam.
The Waylin chapter of the AARP will meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Yummy Orient in Mount Olive. John Clifton and Tayanna Day with the University of Mount Olive will talk about the university’s planned black box theater.
• Filling the Cup: Women’s Empowerment event will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Goldsboro Library. It will provide an open, empowering environment for women wanting to improve their lives, personally and professionally. There will be a diverse panel of prominent women of North Carolina. Free. Information: 919-735-1824.
• Campfire Cooking Series will take place June 7, 14, 21 and 28 at 6 p.m. at Cliffs of the Neuse State Park. Join a ranger for a four-session campfire cooking series and discover several different methods of cooking on a campfire, such as roasting over the fire, foil cooking and Dutch oven cooking. There will be a free-style cookoff the last day. Participants will sample everything that is cooked. Meet at the overlook amphitheater. Free. Register by calling 919-778-6234.
• Historic walking tour of downtown Goldsboro will be held at 10 a.m., sponsored by the Wayne County Museum. The tour meets in the museum lobby. It lasts about an hour. It is guided by the museum director. The tour will cover the history of Goldsboro and will look at various important historic sites and buildings downtown. Wear comfortable shoes. Free. Information: 919-734-5023.