One of three suspects allegedly involved in a home invasion that turned deadly in February was arrested and charged by Goldsboro police Friday night.

Vance Decarlo Roddick, 27, of Dudley, was arrested without incident by officers Friday at 9:10 p.m. in the 700 block of Bryant Street and charged with one felony count each of first-degree burglary, attempted armed robbery and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, according to Goldsboro police.

He was booked in the Wayne County jail under a $860,000 secured bond.

Roddick was arrested following an investigation into Feb. 12 home invasion and attempted burglary that took place at 508 W. New Hope Road and resulted in the death of Ryan Allen, 40, of Rockefeller Court, who suffered a fatal gunshot wound in the pelvic area.

Allen was initially identified as a suspect involved in the burglary that took place at about 8:30 p.m.

Officers responded to a shots-fired call the night of Feb. 12 and were told by residents Kevin Hagans, his 7-year-old son and Randolph McKinney that three unidentified suspects entered the home through the front door and shot Hagans, according to police.

One of the suspects was armed with a rifle and ordered Hagans to the ground while another suspect entered Hagans’ bedroom at the south side of the house where shots were fired.

The suspects fled the scene and Hagans was taken to Wayne UNC Health Care for treatment for minor injuries.

Allen was found in a wooded area near the scene and was taken to Vidant Medical Center where he died during surgery, according to Goldsboro police. Officers said they did not plan to file charges against any of the residents of the New Hope Road home.

The case remains under investigation and additional charges are possible, said LaToya Henry, Goldsboro public information officer.

According to the N.C. Department of Public Safety, Roddick was convicted in April 2010 with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon stemming from offenses taking place in Wayne County in 2008 and 2009. He was released from prison in December 2015.

Roddick will have his first court appearance today.