An arrest has been made in Tuesday night's fatal shooting on Herman Street.

Aijalon Derice Dove, 26, of Goldsboro, is charged with an open count of murder along with eight counts of firing into occupied property and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

At 8:42 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to 109 North Herman Street to find 42-year-old Sammy Lamarcus Evans on the floor at the back door of the home. Evans had been shot and was pronounced dead at the scene.

A press release announcing Dove's arrest did not go into to detail as to how investigators connected him to the shooting.

Goldsboro Police Chief Mike West did say in an earlier report that an agent with N.C. State Bureau of Investigation has been working with the Goldsboro Police Department in recent months, primarily on homicide investigations, and that having those additional resources at the department's disposal would help.

Dove was located Wednesday night at the Econo Lodge, 704 Corporate Drive, in Goldsboro, and taken into custody without incident.

There is no word yet on whether that SBI involvement contributed to the quick arrest in this instance, but it might be paying off in other cases as well. A suspect in another recent shooting has been identified.

Police are searching for 30-year-old Joshua Davis, of Goldsboro, in connection with a Nov. 18 shooting incident that took place in the 600 block of Second Street and left two men dead.

Davis was also injured in the incident and in earlier reports from the police department had been listed as a victim.

Davis, along with Carlis Benton, 38, of Royall Avenue, and Carlos Darden, 42, of North Center Street, were each brought in separate, private vehicles to Wayne UNC Health Care the night of the shooting. Police were arriving to reports of shots fired at 605 Second Street and stopped some of the cars fleeing the area to find the victims inside them.

Once at the hospital, Benton and Darden succumbed to their wounds. Davis was treated and released according to information from the police.

Further investigation led to Davis being developed as a suspect in the shooting, and a warrant for his arrest on two open counts of murder has been issued.

Davis is currently at large and is to be considered both armed and dangerous.