One candidate filed for election Wednesday in the nonpartisan race for one of the Wayne County sanitary districts.
Candidates continue to file each day for office in municipal and sanitary district races that will be on the Nov. 5 ballot.
On Wednesday, newcomer Tony McCabe filed for a seat in the Fork Township Sanitary District.
Contested races are starting to take shape in the municipal races in Goldsboro and Mount Olive, with two candidates each vying for Goldsboro City Council seats in District 2, 4, 5 and 6, and two candidates seeking the Mount Olive town board District 1 seat.
If three or more candidates file for a Goldsboro City Council seat or the mayor’s post, an Oct. 8 primary will be held, with the top two vote-getters in each race heading to the November general election.
Filings for public office continue through July 19 until noon at the Wayne County Board of Elections office, at 309 E. Chestnut St.
Candidates who have filed through Wednesday for the nonpartisan municipal or sanitary district offices up for election in November include:
• Mayor, Chuck Allen, incumbent.
• Council District 1, Zachary E. Lilly.
• Council District 2, Bill Broadaway, incumbent; Kelvin Maurice Stallings.
• Council District 3, Taj J. Polack.
• Council District 4, Sadie Baldwin Simmons; Brandi N. Matthews.
• Council District 5, David Ham, incumbent; Jermaine Dawson.
• Council District 6, Gene Aycock, incumbent; David L. Craig.
• Mayor, W. Darron Flowers, incumbent.
• Alderman District 1, Al Lewis, incumbent.
• Alderman District 2, Leon Mooring, incumbent.
• Alderman District 3, Ricky Mozingo.
• Alderman District 4, Harold Cuddington; Joyce Monica Artis, incumbent.
• Alderman District 5, Joyce C. Reid, incumbent.
• Alderman District 6, Annie Lewis, incumbent.
• Mayor, Joe Scott, incumbent.
• At-large Commissioner, Steve Wiggins, incumbent.
• Commissioner District 1, Vicky Darden, incumbent; Andrade Oliver.
• Commissioner District 2, Harlie Carmichael, incumbent.
• Commissioner District 3, Barbara Ross Kornegay, incumbent.
• Commissioner District 4, Dennis Draper, incumbent.
• Commissioner, at-large seats, Robert Hooks, incumbent; Steve West, incumbent.
Fork Township Sanitary District, two member seats
• Beverly Perkins Keen, incumbent; Andy G. Hartley, incumbent; Tony McCabe.
• Danny Jackson, incumbent.
• Cynthia Fallin Dupuy, incumbent.
Southern Wayne Sanitary District, three member seats
• Efton Sager, incumbent; Thomas Gainey.
Southwestern Wayne Sanitary District, all five member seats
• Gail Porter Minchew, incumbent; Daryll E. Overton, incumbent; Kelly Hughes.