Dancing Stars of Wayne County, the annual fundraiser for education, is fast approaching, with time left to purchase tickets or cast votes for any of the 20 participants.
This year’s event will be held Jan. 17 at the Paramount Theatre. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
The fundraiser, modeled after the popular TV show “Dancing with the Stars,” features local residents who are paired up with dance studios for an evening of entertainment and fun competition.
Proceeds benefit the Wayne Education Network, affiliated with the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce, in supporting education in Wayne County. Funds support WEN and its many activities, which include teacher scholarships and stipends, mini grants, middle school career fair, teacher job fair, teacher welcome breakfast and the Golden Rule incentive program for educators.
Last year’s event brought in $55,448 for the Wayne Education Network.
Monetary votes for each contestant can be submitted online at wayneeducationnetwork.org, at $10 per vote.
Tickets for the event are on sale at the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce, 308 N. William St. Cost is $75 each, which includes admission, heavy hors d’oeuvres and five votes.
Contestants and their dance studio partners this year include:
• A Step of Class: Janie Jaberg of Wayne UNC Health Care, Torette Williams of Mary Kay, Tim Woodard of University of Mount Olive and BreAnna Van Hook of Communities Supporting Schools
• Academy of Performing Arts: Chauncey Mathis of Willow Creek Nursing, Mary Richardson of RE/MAX, Stacey Robinson of Wayne County Public Schools and Sylina McKinney of Dr. Belton and Schrimper’s General Dentistry
• Artistic Dance Academy: Eric Bourgeois of Motion Works Manual Physical Therapy, Rhonda Greenup of Johnston County Schools, D’Adrin Worrell of Duke Energy and Selena Worrell of Worrell Contracting
• Goldsboro School of Ballet: Patricia Fritzinger of RE/MAX, Dr. Tim Harrell of WCPS, Casey Mozingo of Wayne Community College and Genesis Storms of WCPS
• Studio 33 Dance Company: Melanie Bishop of Dean Whitley Insurance, Lisa Jones of Town of Pikeville, Emily Mitchell of Pfizer and Rachel Jones of Rachel’s Outdoor Photography
For more information, contact Lara Landers at 919-734-2241 or email@example.com.