Firefighters responded to a mobile home fire at a mobile home park off Genoa Road in Dudley just after 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.

When firefighters arrived at 236 Beaver Drive, the mobile home was engulfed in flames.

Arrington Fire Chief Randy Rogers said that the homeowner was burning leaves when her mobile home caught fire.

Luz Delgadillo, along with her two children ages 8 and 14, made it out safely. Delgadillo's youngest son, 14-year-old Sergio Delgadillo, was taken by EMS to Wayne UNC Health Care. His older brother, 16-year-old Lumbardo Herrera, who was at school at the time of the fire, said that his brother was being treated for shock.

Rogers said that the American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

A neighbor burned his foot while trying to put out the fire out. Chief Rogers said he was taken to Wayne UNC Health Care by private vehicle.

He said that it took firefighters from four departments 20 minutes to put the fire out.

Luz was surrounded by family and friends as she stood crying, coming to terms with the loss of her home. She said that her family had lived there for five years.

"I don't know what we are going to do," said Delgadillo.