A mobile home fire in the Mar-Mac area displaced a family of four late Tuesday.

Mar-Mac firefighters responded to the fire at 104 Buttonwood Road close to midnight Tuesday night, Wayne County Fire Marshal Bryan Taylor said. He said the fire was ruled an accident caused by a short in electrical wiring.

Leslie Wade, Glenda Marks and their two children living in the home escaped the fire without injuries, Taylor said. One of the children woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the fire in the home and woke up his parents.

While the home did not completely burn down, Taylor said it sustained significant fire damage to the front of the house as well as smoke damage. He said the house will have to be torn down as a result.

Taylor said the Red Cross was called in to assist the family.