The Golden Falcons continued to hit the end zone with rushing touchdowns to beat the Southern Wayne Saints on Monday.

DUDLEY — The Charles B. Aycock Golden Falcons defeated the Southern Wayne Saints 39-13 on the road Monday night.

The Saints started off the game by taking an early 7-0 lead. With 9:50 minutes remaining in the first quarter, the Southern Wayne quarterback Paul Francis scored a rushing touchdown.

On the next Southern Wayne possession after stopping C.B. Aycock, they fumbled the ball and C.B. Aycock was able to recover the fumble and run it all the way into the end zone for a touchdown.

After missing the extra point, the Golden Falcons cut the score to just one point at 7-6, with just 44 seconds remaining in the first quarter. The score remained 7-6 at halftime as neither team was able to score in the second quarter.

C.B. Aycock opened up the scoring in the second half with a 42-yard rushing touchdown from running back David Reid with 10:24 minutes remaining in the third quarter.

On Southern Wayne’s next offensive drive, they fumbled the football again and C.B. Aycock recovered it. This led to the Golden Falcons scoring just a few plays later on a 56-yard rushing touchdown to take a 19-7 lead.

The Saints had a chance to cut the lead by six points at the start of the fourth quarter when Francis made a perfect pass to Tayvon Callahan in the end zone. Callahan dropped the ball, which led to a turnover on downs just a few plays later.

After the change of possession, C.B. Aycock quickly marched down the field and scored a touchdown on a 25-yard pass from quarterback Ethan Brock that was caught by wide receiver Tyler Horton. That touchdown made it 26 unanswered points for the Golden Falcons and gave them a 26-7 lead.

The Saints finally scored their second touchdown of the game with 7:26 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter on a rushing touchdown from Wadshon Pierrie-Louis. It wasn’t enough to match the scoring of Aycock, as the Falcons scored two more touchdowns before the game ended with the Falcons winning with a 39-13 score.

Daniel Fredrick, the Golden Falcons’ leading scorer with three touchdowns, said he expects more of himself and his team.

“I feel like (my performance) was OK, but I feel like I want more for my team,” Fredrick said. “It’s not about me. It’s about my team, you know. There was good blocking, and we executed.”

Head coach Steve Brooks said he was excited that his team got their first win of the season.

“I’m very excited our kids got a (win),” Brooks said. “I mean, we started out the season with two incredibly hard and difficult teams.

“We knew Southern Wayne was bigger, and more physical than they have ever been, but once we got into a rhythm there in the second half, I finally felt like, OK maybe we are starting to get comfortable with each other.”

With the win, C.B. Aycock’s record is now 1-2 overall and 1-2 in Eastern Carolina 3A/4A Conference play. Southern Wayne drops to 0-3 with the loss.

C.B. Aycock will take on J.H. Rose next in Greenville on Friday.