DUDLEY — The Southern Wayne Saints lost to the Smithfield-Selma Spartans 1-8 in a one-sided match Tuesday afternoon.
Southern Wayne did not perform at their best when they lost all six singles matches and won just one of the three doubles matches on Tuesday.
Susannah Faulk and Aracely Perez-Barrera were the on winning doubles team for Southern Wayne, and they won 8-5 over the number three seeded Smithfield-Selma doubles team of Chloe Pinault and Anyia Richardson.
One reason for the Saints’ loss was that they were not at full strength. Southern Wayne was missing all three of their top seeds for singles with Alivia Cox, Kaylee Brock and Sara Lopez missing. The three players also make up the number one doubles team, and half of the number two doubles team.
With the loss, Southern Wayne fell to 1-4 overall and 1-4 in the Quad County 3A conference.
Here are the final results from all of Tuesday’s matches. The player who represents Southern Wayne is listed first in all scores.
• Medjina Joanis lost to Anne Bass 0-6, 0-6
• Allya Segura lost to Jenny Yang 0-6, 0-6
• Susannah Faulk lost to Eman Mohamed 2-6, 2-6
• Amy Lemus lost to Sammira Evans 7-5, 3-6, 11-13
• Juliana Leon lost to Leslie Reyes 2-6, 1-6
• Aracely Perez-Barrera lost to Sherlyn Ortiz-Garcia 0-6, 3-6
• Joanis/Segura lost 0-8 to Bass/Mohamed
• Lemus/Leon lost 4-8 to Yang/Emily Flores-Morales
• Faulk/Perez-Barrera won 8-5 over Chloe Pinault/Anyia Richardson